God's Presence is Gone
Our spiritual journey is a lot like driving in your car while listening to the radio. Imagine what it would be like to tune the radio to your favorite station, then a few miles down the road, suddenly lose the signal.
That's how it is with God. Sometimes we hear His voice or signal so clearly in our lives. At other times He is silent. That can mean one of two things:
- You've driven out of range of the signal of His voice. (Though He never stops loving you.)
- You are experiencing a quiet phase of not hearing God's voice to develop your faith and to prepare your heart to be right with Him.
I've experienced these situations myself. Sometimes I hear God's voice loud and clear. He speaks and I feel his sweet presence. Other times, I've run ahead of God or taken a path He hadn't meant for me and I have to turn around to see where I left Him.
Then there are times God wants me to WAIT on Him. He wants me to believe and WAIT until He feels I'm ready to hear His voice. That happens when God wants me to grow in my faith, to believe in Him, even when He's not making me aware of His presence.
Here's what I recommend to you:
- We need other believers for encouragement. Find a church home. See if you can find a small Bible study of people in your age range. Call some of the bigger churches in your area and see if they have anything to offer for your age group. This could be a home Bible study or a Sunday school class.
- Listen to inspirational music. There's a lot of Christian music in different styles. Maybe you've got a great Christian radio station in your area or maybe you can find one on the web that plays a style of Christian music that speaks to you like http://www.klove.com/listen/. You can also go to a Christian bookstore and listen to their CDs until you find something that helps you to feel worshipful.
- Read the book, Purpose Driven Life. This is a great Bible study and you need to have the Word in your life every day.
- Take time to read the Bible. If you don't have a Bible, there are versions available on the web that you can download.
Don't do anything to harm yourself. You are so loved. Please give your situation time, please allow God time to move. He may be waiting for you to give in to Him, to say, God I will trust you, no matter what. Try trusting God and see what will happen.
Also, please go in for a medical checkup and tell your doctor about how you feel emotionally. Your doctor may have medications that can help you get over this 'bump' in the road.
Also, I highly recommend counseling. You may find a pastor in your church or other local church or some other professional who will understand and help you with your struggles.
WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU!
Angry with Self
Belong to the Devil?
Betrayed By My Boyfriend
Children Better Off Without Me
Depressed - How to Tell parents?
Do What I Shouldn't
God Can't Stop Anyone
God Ignores Me
God's Forgotten Me?
God's Presence is Gone
Hell for Suicide Victims?
In love with my Ex.
Not sure I know God.
Parents Won't Let Me Go to Church
Rather be Dead
Unwed Teen Mom
Wife of Unfaithful Husband
Wish My Life Was Different