Wife of Unfaithful Husband
I am so sorry for what has happened to your husband and to your marriage.
I would encourage you to read a great book called Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson because it will help you understand how to pray. Another good book that might help is called Love Must be Tough by J Dobson.
But back to you. The thing that makes this situation so hard is you cannot make your husband do the right thing, no matter how hard you try. But here is what you can do...
1. You can pray.
Pray mighty prayers to break the soul tie between your husband and any other person, in Jesus name and the power of His blood. (see prayer below.) Pray that soul times between your husband and lust or porn will be broken. Ask the Lord to woo your husband back to His heart and to his right mind. Tell the enemy 'hands off' your husband, in Jesus name.
2. Recognize that you are still loved by God. He will never forsake you.
3. Pray that God will strengthen you. Pray against the temptation of suicide and depression. If you are having these thoughts, confess it to the Lord, and then bind the evil one, in Jesus name, from speaking these thoughts to you.
I cannot promise you that your husband will come home or will always be faithful, but pray these prayers and see how God works. In the mean time, you may want to talk to your pastor and to an attorney to see how to protect you assets and family.
I am so sorry you are going through this. This has happened to many women before you and they have made it through, with God's help, so will you.
You are beloved by God. He is grieving with you. Fight the good fight of prayer and wait on God.
Pray this prayer:
I give you control of this situation. I give you control of my life, my marriage and my husband. Please do a miracle by first moving in my own heart, then in the heart of my husband. Lord, I'm so worried and in so much pain over this difficulty. Lord, I ask that you worry about my husband and marriage for me, I know that you have solutions I don't have. I know that you can work in his heart when I can't. Lord, I ask that you speak to my husband and show him the right way to go. I break the power his lover has over him, in Jesus name. Lord, help me to be the woman of his dreams and restore our marriage.
If this is not your plan, help me to be the woman you created me to be and to walk away, hand in hand with you.
Walk though this darkness with me and bring me back to wholeness and joy.
In Jesus name,
Please do not harm yourself or others. Please allow time and God to heal your heart and possibly your marriage. I know that you are hurting. But others have been where you are,and have walked, one step at a time, out of the darkness and pain. Many have seen their marriages restored and those who haven't have gone on to live happy and successful lives. (Remember, with God, all things are possible.)
You will make it too.
To read my story, click here.
Here's what I recommend to you:
- We need other believers for encouragement. Find a church home. See if you can find a small Bible study of people in your age range. Call some of the bigger churches in your area and see if they have anything to offer for your age group. This could be a home Bible study or a Sunday school class.
- Listen to inspirational music. There's a lot of Christian music in different styles. Maybe you've got a great Christian radio station in your area or maybe you can find one on the web that plays a style of Christian music that speaks to you like http://www.klove.com/listen/. You can also go to a Christian bookstore and listen to their CDs until you find something that helps you to feel worshipful.
- Read the book, Purpose Driven Life. This is a great Bible study and you need to have the Word in your life every day.
- Take time to read the Bible. If you don't have a Bible, there are versions available on the web that you can download.
Don't do anything to harm yourself. You are so loved. Please give your situation time, please allow God time to move. He may be waiting for you to give in to Him, to say, God I will trust you, no matter what. Try trusting God and see what will happen.
Also, please go in for a medical checkup and tell your doctor about how you feel emotionally. Your doctor may have medications that can help you get over this 'bump' in the road.
Also, I highly recommend counseling. You may find a pastor in your church or other local church or some other professional who will understand and help you with your struggles.
WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU!